Saturday, October 4, 2008

A possible new helper

I'm afraid to get my hopes up too high because often things happen to cause them to go crashing down again -- but I met a new person who hopefully can come and help with my apt, today, and I am really excited and hopeful that things might really work out this time!
He has a truck (which will be handy when taking things to Goodwill - and that way I don't have to keep picking him up at the buss stop as I had to do with the last helper I had over two years ago). Since he is a man, I will feel less guilty asking him to lift some heavy things and/or bring some heavy bags of trash down.
He believes in Spirituality but not forcing religion on someone (unlike the lady I had before who tried to convert me to Christianity for a year). He likes cats and Blueberry and Tai Chi have already accepted him. He also likes George Harrison and John Lennon!!! (Not a requirement to work for me -- but it sure helps! LOLOL)
He said he can start working on Mondays and Wednesdays at 1pm. (Starting next week) I hope to try to get a LOT of cleaning done this weekend (if I can) so I can get a head start on getting this apt in order! I must admit -- I have been asking for help with this for almost 2 years now --- It has been impossible to do it all on my own. Now I hope I don't jinx things by writing that my hopes are high that I can finally have the apt back the way it was when I first moved here!
WOW, I sure hope this all works out! :-)

4 comments:

Wildstar Beaumont said...

I hope it works out the way you wish :)

Camilla said...

Can I borrow him? We have 3 years of detrius I am trying to plow through and get rid of, or find better homes for in our tiny downsized bungalow. Most days I am too depressed to do more than a little bit at a time, but that is better than nothing! It is the getting it sorted and out of the house that is the hardest. I don't want to throw away perfectly good stuff, so I spend a lot of time with Freecycle, Craigs List, and Amazon (and sometimes eBay) selling stuff, which slows down the process of getting it out of the house!

FD Spark said...

I hope he works out like David my caregiver has, but I had another guy for short time who really creepy and had major problems with knowing proper boundaries few years back that came during his vacation time.
Hopefully he won't be like the creepy people we both had more like the good one I have David.

AuroraSkye said...

TY Wildstar!

Hey Princess!!!!! How nice of you to read my blog and comment on it!!!! TY so much!!! What a wonderful surprise!! I can so relate to what you wrote about not wanting to just throw away perfectly good things. I have never tried selling (or buying) on those lists (craigs/ ebay etc) but at least you are getting some money for your items so that is good! I SHOULD try that but I think I am too lazy to even try! lolol

Thanks so much, FD. You're so right, I agree -- I sure hope this one turns out to be a good and non abusive helper. (and not a flake) My hopes are soo high -- I sure hope he works out.

TY so much for all your well wishes about this turning out!