Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Still having fun with tileable textures....

Hi there all ! :-)

As often is the case, it has been awhile since I have blogged. I had a nice visit with my mom this past Saturday. When I visit her I always make a long day of it. When she used to have her house I would often sleep over and spend two days with her. It was fun and I miss that but I can't sleep over where she is now cuz she only has a love-seat and her own twin bed. The love seat cuts my legs off (not comfortable at all) ...and I can't seem to handle sleeping on floors nowdays. Still, it was a nice visit. I picked up some Mexican food that we shared, then upgraded her SL. She never gets on SL except when I visit and that is only if I am at the keyboard. I really wish that she WOULD get on SL sometimes cuz she never leaves her apt now and I think it would be neat for her to be able to travel virtually at least, and it would be fun to be able to "visit" her sometimes without driving to her place - but oh well.

After upgrading her SL -- we played with a new video search game she had gotten from "Real Arcade." It had very nice artwork. I guess it would help kids/people improve their observational skills cuz you search for various hard to find items in crowded pictures/drawings. We got up to level 5 - before we started getting really tired of it. lol

Lately, I have been having lots of fun finding interesting photos on the web and making them into tileable patterns in photoshop. I love how you can't predict how they are going to look til you finish them-- so they are always a surprize. I put "Opals" in google image search and found some pretty gems -- I made a tileable patterm from one of these opals and it looks like Psychedellic 60s Tie Dye! lolol


Last night I made some fun desktop wallpapers from pics of stars. Here is one that turned out really neat. :-)




3 comments:

FD Spark said...

Those are really cool....
I have stayed up way to late tonight.
Don't tell Alpha I am not in bed yet but I had to see if you had any new post here.

AuroraSkye said...

Awwww thanks FD!!! BIG HUGS!!! And I won't tattle on you to Alpha -- LOL -=- I do that too sometimes =- I get off SL to go to bed but check your blog first. :-)

Malicious Intent said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors!
Gorgeous work!!!