Saturday, June 28, 2008

Well, Heat has begun....

My VERY VERY good friends, FD, and Alpha and I - in our George Sgt Pepper outfits. :-)

It is 95 in Portland today. (ICK ICK ICK ICK) I think they are expecting it to be higher temps tomorrow (I LOVE summer -- NOT) lolol


I am sure grateful that I finally broke down and bought one of those "portable" (HA) air conditioners last year. It is sure being a LIFE SAVER for me today! It has the temps in my apt to be around the upper 70s or so -- when normally my apt would be OVER 100 at this point! I plan on holing up in here for the next 3 or 4 days 'til this heatwave breaks -- I sure hope the AC can hold out that long!

Funny -- Looking outside at the sky and a bit of a breeze - it doesn't LOOK like it is that hot out there but I know it is. I don't know why Oregon, in general, seems to believe in making apts etc with NO AC. (And we are not allowed to put the less expensive window ACs in the windows - where I live). :-(
I attempted to make the George Harrison Sgt Peppers Uniform yesterday -- I have a lot more I want/need to add to it but at least I have the basic part done. All hand-drawn. I can't wait to finish the rest of it and try to make ALL the Beatles Sgt Peppers uniforms but first I have to TRY to do the homework for my class today by 6 pm..... I don't think I will be able to get it done in time. :-(
My stupid cold is STILL hanging on -- I really wish it would give up and leave me alone. I keep THINKING that I am feeling better but then I start feeling worse again as the day progresses. I keep needing to cough and bring things up from my lungs -- and I keep thinking -- GOOD - this should be clearing me up so I can stop choking when I try to breathe, but somehow I seem to keep creating MORE stuff in my lungs that I need to cough up again.....(not that I am trying to be too graphic here) ... so I continue to choke and feel awful. :-(

Oh well - to leave things on a high/grateful note -- I am SO SO SO GLAD that I am not broiling in my apt at this moment. I wouldn't even be able to get online cuz it would be too hot to run the computer -- and I would just be showering and spraying myself with water and lying in bed feeling miserable. (Or trying to go to a theatre JUST to avoid the heat) SO BOY am I glad I have this "portable" AC. :-)

No comments: