Sunday, January 20, 2008

I talked myself into going out ...

......and I am so glad I did. My brother and sister in law joined me for dinner (which is very unusual because they are usually way too busy). Afterwards we went back to their house for a bit. I always enjoy spending time with both of them. I love them so much.

My brother spent some time teaching me the Hebrew alphabet, and he said I was learning it very quickly (which, of course, made me feel good) I was able to sound out some of the words from the rules he taught me -- but of course I had to ask him what they meant.

I also got to hold their 5 month old cat-- Meeko. He is such a CUTE cat!!! Very pretty colouring. Every time I try to hold him he wants to get away from me -- it reminds me of that cartoon -- Pepe LePu (*spelling?) where I am the skunk trying to kiss the kitty cat and the kitty cat is struggling to get away. LOL

I really enjoy hanging out with my brother and sister in law cuz we laugh a lot. I don't get much human contact locally = so it is hard to go back home alone again after spending some time with them. :-( I really should get out more but it is hard to talk myself into going anywhere when I have no one to go with and no where to go.

8 comments:

Historical Wit said...

That is awesome that you are learning the Hebrew alphabet. I have always said if you really want to read the bible, you have to read it in the original Hebrew script. I am so jealous.

Malicious Intent said...

My goodness, you must live out in the boon docks. YOu want to be near people and I want to hide from them! NO privacy here and once in a while a person craves that.

FD Spark said...

That is cool that you were able to spend some time with real human beings and had good time.

AuroraSkye said...

Hi there -- How fun to come on here and see 3 comments!!! Whooo hoooo (I know-- I am easily thrilled) :-D

I am enjoying learning the alphabet - It would be neat to be able to read the Bible in the Original Hebrew but of course that would take me forever to learn how to do that. Still, it is very interesting seeing/learning where the symbols originated from.

LOL, Malicious, I am not so sure I live in the boonies -- I live in a condo complex so there are quite a few neighbours and I am not far from a fairly large city-- but I don't see my neighbours much -- and I don't get out much so I get quite a LOT of privacy. I love having my alone time possibly more than most but when pretty much all you HAVE is alone time -- then one can definately crave some human contact. :-D

Thanks, FD, I really wish I knew more people locally cuz I really should get out more often. Last night I stayed up all night again and unfortunately went right back to sleeping all day again today. :-(

Malicious Intent said...

I left an award for you on my page. Go pick it up!

AuroraSkye said...

oh wow -- an award????? For what? Heading over ---- and THANKS! :D

FD Spark said...

I understand about not having many friends where I live I am the same boat but most of time in my case those real life humans just bug me.

Anonymous said...

*smiles* alone in a crowd... crowded when you're by yourself (multiple personalities)... the Modern Condition X-).