Tuesday, December 25, 2007

We actually got SNOW!!!!!

Whooooo Hoooooooo!!!!! Even though I live in Oregon -- we really don't get snow much up here == and I have NEVER had a WHITE Christmas in my LIFE -- until today!!! Whoooo hooooo! It was SOOOOO neat!!!! I had gone to bed at 10:30 am (unable to sleep til 11 am) and then my sis in law called me to say it was snowing where she was (at about 12:30 pm) so I got about one hour sleep! LOL (Not good) .... But I would have been VERY upset to sleep thru the SNOW, so I am SOOO glad she called!!! :-) It would've have been WONDERFUL if it had lasted all day but it was only for a couple of hours and then the rain came in and washed it all away== but it sure was neat while it lasted! :-) I went out on my patio and offerred for my cats to come out with me but they just pretty much stayed in the doorway looking at me like I was NUTS!!! (They didn't even make any cat prints in the snow - those little buggers -- lolol -- missed their chance!) =^..^= Still -- it was SOOOO neat!!!


Friar Park Henley On Thames (where George Harrison used to live)

The above pic has nothing to do with what I am talking about (lolol) but I just think it is such a neat pic! I have always loved George Harrison's home in Friar Park and I sure hope to see it in person some day! .... Anyway == back to what I was writing before...

I figured it would prob melt and be safer to drive later so I decided to set my alarm for 3:30pm and sleep for another hour and a half ... so I think that helped me be able to stay up when I went over to my brother and sister in law's for Christmas. Even though my brother was saying he was against presents etc -- he certainly didn't seem to mind opening them so that was good! (grin) And I am so glad my sis in law decided to ignore him when he said "Why are you having people come over on Dec 25th - it is just a normal day?" and have us over anyway cuz it sure means a lot to me having somewhere to go on the few holidays I have left as an "adult." (Unfortunately I can't have people come over to my apt at this point in time because it just isn't in shape for it and my mom wouldn't be able to come up the stairs. (I sure hope I get my apt ....and myself ... in better shape in 2008).

Anyway -- here is a cute pic of George Harrison and his wife Olivia at Friar Park, Henley On Thames, in the SNOW! (Seemed to fit .... a bit....for today) :-)

No comments: